Our day


We woke late and took a leisurely drive out to Achill Island.  A very mixed weather day, with mostly sun and blue sky in Westport, and mist, clouds, and rain out toward Achill.  My real agenda was to secure a plate of mixed berry crumble at The Beehive coffee shop.  But a tragedy of biblical proportion (!) - they had sold out!  I had the poor proprietress searching high and low, in the kitchen and about, to find me a piece.  I said I had come all the way from Florida to have my favorite dessert and generated a great deal of sympathy amongst the staff.  After their heartfelt and extravagant display of commiseration, I was guided toward an acceptable substitute.  I was told to ring them up next time and they would be certain to hold a piece for me.  A picture below of our choices (I am sure there'll be no such sympathy from you).


The Great Western Greenway, minutes from our cottage.
We walked in to Westport town on Saturday - 45 minutes in, 60 minutes out.
There were some challenging portions - for a mostly sedentary Yank, at any rate.
A lovely walk regardless. 

The "backyard" again


Keel Beach in Achill.   Nah. I'm not getting directed...
Looking down Clew Bay


Candee has the latte and the rhubarb and apple crumble with warm custard sauce.
I have the lemon cake with a tart sugar ganache and heavy whipped cream, and an americano.
Cool sugar and creamer set, huh?
See.  I told you you wouldn't feel a bit of sympathy for me.