Fourth Round, and counting...


Marion and I headed out for an early round at Westport Golf Club this morning.  It marks my fourth round during this visit.  I've never played more than twice in any previous visit, so I'm in the bonus round.

Although it certainly was a very iffy morning weather-wise, we decided to brave it and were soundly rewarded.  Not a drop of rain, and increasingly brightening skies for each hole.  Marion had a banner day, smoking her driver and new five-wood, and hitting crisp, deadly irons from both rough and fairway.  It began on the first hole when she pushed her drive a bit right into some woods, punched out, and then rattled (literally) the pin with her third shot out of the rough from at least 170 yards out.  The ball stopped a foot and a half from the hole for a tap-in par.  She is in fine competitive form and it's fun to watch her play.

I mostly engaged in expectations management, reminding myself that, on average, I play once every few months.  And, on those terms, I was mostly satisfied - driving the ball well, and hitting an occasional pin-seeking iron shot.

We missed Padraic, as he has an afternoon competitive match at WGC..


Pleased-looking Yank standing on sixteen