Lahinch Golf Club



This is Lahinch Golf Club. Isn't Lahinch Golf Club beautiful?
(first blog photos not taken by me)

Unfortunately, it looked nothing like this today. A howling rain storm blew in and I played in gale force conditions. Truly, the winds were gusting to 60 - 70 miles an hour; the rain was slanting horizontally. It was an epic battle. I had hope, I despaired. I was exhiliarated, I was crushed. I was wet, I was wet. And boy, would I like to go back and play in optimal conditions. Still a peak golf experience, and one I will forever remember.


An absolutely gorgeous piece of hallowed golf ground. Built in 1893, with a consultation by the most famous golf superintendent/course designer of all time - Old Tom Morris of St. Andrews, Scotland. Generally regarded as one of the top 50 golf courses in the world.
Tomorrow we're headed south toward the Dingle Peninsula and then towards Cork, Candee's grandfather's childhood home and his point of departure for America circa 1916.